Finally the summer is over. Google Summer of Code made this summer one of the most amazing summers I have had. There are many people I need to thank for the successful completion of my project including Pawel Solyga(Mentor), Christian Moore, Jimmy Hertz, Sharath Patali and many other users who took time to test and give feedback for the test version of CCV-COT.
Its a great pleasure for me to announce that my work will be integrated into CCV mainstream development and will be released with this release (1.4).
Note : There has been some major changes in this release, so please read this fully before trying CCV-1.4a. Also if you have not tried out CCV-COT , you may want to read this post prior to reading this.
Changelog (After CCV-COT):
- Complete Fiducial Support (Integration of ofxFiducialFinder addon by Alain Ramos).
- TUIO XML messages bug solved.
- CCV Debug mode
- Different Filter chain and controls for Fiducial and Object/Fingers.
- Fiducial settings on config.xml file.
- Object acceleration calculations included.
- removal and inclusion of some keyboard controls.
- Closing of application from the “X” button,minimizing the application.
- Changes in GUI
- Blob counter for Finger, Fiducials and Objects respectively.
- Sample AS3 app to test Custom Object Tracker(COT) added.
Community Core Vision v 1.4a
- For Fingers + Objects – You can follow the post regarding CCV-COT and get started. The blob counter in the information window shows the count of finger blobs, object blobs and fiducial blobs respectively.
- For Fingers + Fiducial –
- Start the application. Configure(Adjust the filter and calibrate) it for Finger. Enable Fiducials mode in the “Track” Panel.
- Press “i”. This will take you to the Fiducial Control Mode. “i” is the filter toggle key. In the debug window you will see The “Filter” tag changing to “Fiducial” from “Finger/Object” (See the screenshot below).
- Now you can adjust the filters so that you can see clear fiducials on the Binary Image. Note : If Fiducial mode is not enabled in the “Track” panel , you will see either a blank image or a still image.
- For better understanding , think of it like this. The camera image is copied into two images, one of them is analyzed for Finger/Objects and other for fiducials. Initially (when Filter is “Finger/Object”), all the sliders and controls are used to control the image that is analyzed for “Finger/Object”. When you press “i”, now all the sliders and controls are used to control the image that is analyzed for fiducials.
- The blob counter in the information window shows the count of finger blobs, object blobs and fiducial blobs respectively.
- For Fingers+Objects+Fiducials- (**Not recommended for all**) This was something which was disabled initially because Fiducial tracking solves the problem of Object tracking. But again , we decided to give the user the freedom to choose what they have to track. In this mode, most likely Objects and Fiducial will be confused (e.g. the image below)
But of course you need to be very lucky to get this mode working. A lot of adjustment will be required. But it is worth trying ;).
Thanks to jimmy hertz, he has tested this version of CCV with his DI setup. Here are some images from his test.
Compile it yourself from LATEST SOURCE CODE